Sundried Tomato Chickpea Falafel
- ½ cup packed sundried tomatoes soaked in water for 20 minutes
- 2 cups chickpeas cooked or canned
- ¼ cup chopped carrot ~1 small carrot
- 1 cup chopped zucchini ~1 zucchini
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¾ teaspoon sea or Himalayan salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain and roughly chop the sundried tomatoes.
- Add the sundried tomatoes, chickpeas, carrot and zucchini to a food processor and process 5-7 times.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process on low for 20-40 seconds until combined. Scrape down the sides of the processor and pulse again.
- Transfer the mix to a bowl. Remove 1 heaping tablespoon of the falafel mix and roll into a ball and place on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining falafel mix. The mix will be soft but will firm up once baked.
- Bake for 40 minutes then remove from the oven and gently flip (to prevent the falafel from falling apart) using a silicon spatula and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and enjoy!
I like to freeze these falafel once cooled and take them out as needed to thaw.