- Keep the waffles or pancakes in a single layer in the warming drawer or in the oven while cooking the rest of the batch. Piling them on top of each other will make them limp.
- After the waffles are done, pop them in a preheated oven around 400ºF for a few minutes and they’ll crisp up!
- Reheat the waffles in the oven, not the microwave.
BANANA CREAM SYRUP INGREDIENTS
- 1 large ripe banana (~ heaping 1 cup)
- ½-¾ cup unsweetened almond or soy milk milk
- 2 medjool dates pitted and soaked
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- Optional: 2 tablespoons hempseeds or 1-2 tablespoons nut butter!
- 1 ½ cups oat flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened almond or soy milk
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Set the waffle maker to medium heat or setting 4 on the stand-up Cuisinart waffle maker. Add all wet ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the waffle maker and cook according to your waffle maker’s settings. Alternatively, pour ¼ - ⅓ cup of the batter onto a warmed non-stick pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes, flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter (as waffles or pancakes).
- Serve with fresh fruit and Banana Cream or sweetener of choice!
BANANA CREAM SYRUP INSTRUCTIONS
- Soak the medjool dates in a bowl of hot water for 15 minutes. Remove from the water and drain well. Remove the pits and add the pitted dates and all other ingredients (starting with ½ cup milk) to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Add more milk to achieve desired consistency as needed. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving!
Use a slightly overripe banana – this will provide the sweetness!
To make a nut butter flavoured banana syrup, add 1-2 tablespoons of peanut or almond butter. Banana Cream Syrup
These freeze great! Make a double batch and reheat frozen waffles in the oven on low heat.