I gave up coffee for (most of….I tried) January but I still wanted something to replace my beloved almond milk lattes. So I moved onto easy turmeric lattes and I got hooked!
Ingredients You'll Need
- Milk! See below, this is important!
- Spices – turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, black pepper
- Coconut sugar
- Vanilla extract
Milks – Important
You need a really creamy one to make an easy turmeric latte. I find coconut milk lattes are too thick but commercial nut milks don’t really cut it. Homemade cashew or almond milk work wonderfully as do barista style milks. I have also had success with refrigerated unsweetened Silk Soy Milk.
Sweetener – Sub maple syrup for coconut sugar or omit altogether.
Thickness – I like to add hot water to my latte to thin it out but if you like your turmeric latte thick, feel free to omit the hot water or replace with more milk.
Blender – If I want my turmeric latte to be a little extra, I’ll transfer it to a blender and give it a quick blitz. This will make it a little lighter with a bit of foam on top.
Easy Turmeric Latte
- 2½ cups homemade almond milk or organic unsweetened soy milk, or homemade cashew milk
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Hot water optional
- Add all ingredients to a pot and warm over low heat, whisking continuously. Once the milk starts simmering pour into your favorite cups. Don't simmer too long or the milk will thicken. If you want a thinner latte, add a little hot water. Feel free to adjust sweetener to your liking.