Easy Vegan Cookie Dough Balls (Made From Chickpeas!)
- Food Processor
- 3 cups cooked or canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup old fashioned rolled oats (gluten free if needed)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup well stirred almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan
- 1/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips, cacao nibs, raisins, or dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients in the order listed, except for the chocolate chips, to a food processor and process until everything is well combined and no oat flakes are left whole. Stop once or twice and scrape down the sides to incorporate all ingredients.
- Transfer the dough to a medium sized bowl and mix in the chocolate chips (or other additives).
- Scoop out 2 heaping tablespoons of dough and gently (it will be soft!) roll into a ball and place on the baking sheet. I like to use my 1¾ ounce disher for this (see picture). The dough will be sticky. It can help to dampen your hands. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 17 to 20 minutes. The cookies are done when they’re firm to touch and just starting to brown. Let cool for 10 minutes on the pan.
- Keep these in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months!
- If you want a sweeter option, add another tablespoon of coconut sugar.