This is my go-to “I don’t know want to make for dessert” dessert. This 5 minute vegan Cashew Mango Mousse is easy and delicious and creamy.
The cashews and mango combine to create a Goldie Locks dessert. It’s rich but not too rich. It’s sweet, but not too sweet. It’s really a crowd pleaser.
It’s velvety, smooth, colourful, and, best of all, EASY! Ok I’m overselling it.
This dessert recipe isn’t exactly seasonal but it is perfect for frozen mango, which are readily available in most grocery stores.
If you have a badass blender, like the Vitamix, you can get away with not soaking the cashews – meaning you can really make this last minute!
Which I do when I need an “oh sh*t, I forgot to make dessert” dessert or when I have an intense sweet craving!
If you don’t have a high-powered blender, you can definitely still make this cashew mango mousse! Just be sure to soak the cashews as this will make the pureeing easier on your blender/processor and you’ll get a creamier texture.
Mango Must Know
NUTRITIOUS AND DELICIOUS. Mangos are a fantastic source of vitamin C and beta-carotene (precursor to vitamin A). They also boast many antioxidants (like all fruit).
MANGO AND SUGAR. Mangos have a low to medium glycemic index of about 51 but they are higher in sugar than most other fruits.
One cup of mango has about 23 grams of sugar compared to 1 cup of blueberries which only has 15 grams.
Pairing mango with foods that slow the release of sugar into the blood stream will also reduce its blood sugar spiking abilities. This recipe does just that by mixing the mango with healthy fat from the cashews. So although it’s sweet, this mango mousse shouldn’t leave you feeling drained and tired 15 minutes after eating it-the way many sugary desserts do.
THE ART OF PEELING A MANGO: This tropical stone fruit is juicy and addictive but the awkward dimensions of its pit make it a pain in the butt to peel. I usually do the porcupine approach but I love Life Hacker’s take on peeling a mango using a glass in just 10 seconds! I had to try this after I watched the video.
You will too. GENUIS!
5-Minute Cashew Mango Mousse
- Blender (High-Speed)
- 3 heaping cups frozen diced mango or fresh – see notes
- 1 cup cashews soaked for 2 to 3 hours
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk or soy or coconut milk, plus more if needed
- 4 soft medjool dates pits removed
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch sea or Himalayan salt
- Drain the cashews, discard the soaking liquid, and add to a blender along with all other ingredients. Blend on high until the mix is smooth and creamy. If using a Vitamix, or similar blender, you will likely need your plunger for this part. If you have a less powerful blender, you may need to add more milk to get the blending started.
- Divide among bowls and garnish with fresh berries if desired! You can keep this mango mousse in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Mango is my favorite fruit and this cashew mango mousse looks delicious! I can’t wait to try it.
Me too Albertina! I hope you enjoy!
this website has been really helpful and i have learned a-lot of stuff after reading this
Thanks!!! That means a lot!
Made it tonight and it was a hit! Easy and delicious. It is really really good : )
Awesome! Thanks for the feedback Penelope 🙂
Thanks for the feedback Penelope, so glad you like it!