Raw Raspberry Buckwheat Bowl
- 1 cup buckwheat groats soaked overnight
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened almond hazelnut or soy milk
- 1 tablespoon almond or hazelnut butter
- 1 medjool date pitted
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- Toppings for 2 bowls
- ¼ cup chopped hazelnuts
- ¼ cup fresh or frozen berries
- 2 tablespoons mulberries
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon nut butter
- Drain the buckwheat using a fine mesh strainer and transfer to a blender along with all other ingredients. Blend on high until all ingredients are combined. If you prefer a little more texture, don't blend until completely smooth.
- Divide buckwheat porridge between two bowls and top with suggested or desired superfood toppings.
Depending on your blender you might need to add a bit more milk to get the blender going. A Nutribullet, Vitamix, Blendtec or Ninja blender will handle the recipe as is.