Gingerbread Bliss Balls
Prep Time: 10 mins
Servings: 18 Bliss Balls
A vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free bliss ball for the holiday season! I like to keep these in the freezer and take them out about 10 to 15 minutes before serving!
- 1 cup unsalted and raw pecans or almonds
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats gluten-free if needed
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 packed cup pitted soft medjool or deglet noor dates
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons blackstrap molasses or regular molasses
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup toasted coconut or ground cacao nibs (see notes), optional
Place the nuts and oats in a food processor and pulse several times until the nuts are broken up.
Add all remaining ingredients (except coconut or cacao for rolling) to the processor and process continuously for about a minute or until the mix sticks together easily when squeezed between your fingers.
Roll about 2 tablespoons of the mix together and shape into a tight ball. Roll in toasted or raw unsweetened coconut or ground cacao nibs if desired. Keep in the fridge for up to 5 days or the freezer for up 3 months.
- I like to use a ¾ spring-release disher like this one to shape the gingerbread bliss balls.
- I make ground cacao by grinding cacao nibs in a spice or coffee grinder (the same one I use to grind flaxseed).